Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Blanket for Bushfires



Imagine if everything you owned was reduced to ash. Summer is almost over, and there are some cold months ahead, particularly for the survivors of the Victorian bushfires, who have nothing but the clothes they were wearing when they fled.

So a mate of mine on Ravelry, Dawn, announced she'd organise to collect knitted and crochet squares, to sew into blankets, to be distributed to those in need. There is a blog if you want to find out more.

The address to send finished squares (30 cm x 30 cm or 12" x 12") to is Blankets of Friendship, PO Box 488 Traralgon, Vic 3844

I started out thinking I'll just do a few squares, then it was fun, so I did a few more, then I thought, well, I can do a few more and make a whole blanket!
So here it is, about to be posted to the lovely ladies in Traralgon distributing the "Blankets of Friendship".

2 comments:

Chrisy said...

Your blanket is absolutely beautiful and I'm sure somebody will treasure it and all the love that went into it. Thanks for the links to donate.

deborah green said...

Thank you for the lovely comments. I'm working on some more squares to make another blanket.